Sunday 28 May 2017

Jesus leads a field trip



"So, Jesus, I understand you want to take your class skating.  Correct?"

"Yes sir, just up the street to the outdoor rink.  A little time outside I think would do them a world of good."

"And your assistant?  Who's going to lead this trip with you Jesus?"

"Well, ah, I was going to take Peter, sir".

"Peter?  Peter?  You know you can't rely on him, Jesus.  Remember the last trip?  He left you alone before noon.  I don't know about your judgement sometimes, Jesus."

"Yes, sir.  I just want to take the kids skating sir."

"Look Jesus, you probably think I am a bit of jerk, but Jesus, I have to take into consideration the risks to the kids, the risks to the Board and of course, I mean, have you thought of the risk to me?  Ok, Jesus, let's review the documentation for this skating trip.  Did you get my email?"

"Yes sir, I filled it out the best I could. It's six pages long.  I don't know if this is a level II or level IIa excursion"

"Jesus, everyone knows it's a level II.  Come on Jesus.  IIa's are trips to animal viewings and fire stations.  Now, let's see.  Things seem to be in order here.  Wait, wait a minute.  Jesus, you don't have any first aid qualifications.  What if someone got hurt?  What if a kid got his ear cut off?  Come on Jesus.  You have to have first aid."

"But sir..."

"And Jesus, are you a certified skating coach or have any of your skating or skate excursion levels?"

"No sir...I have some experience taking people on trips on water."

"Jesus, that doesn't count.  Jesus, what will you do about hydrating the children?  You didn't fill in bullet point 38 on hydration.  See, it says right here:  provide detailed hydration plan for students."

"Sir, we're going for an hour.  I don't see how hydration is relevant."

"Are you getting sassy Jesus?  Eh, Jesus?"

"No sir.  I will fill out bullet point 38, sir.  Does everything look good to go sir?

"Ok Jesus, I am going to send this off to the Superintendent of Education for his approval and we will get back to you.  Give it six weeks, Jesus."

"Ah, sir.  It's end of March, the ice will be melted by then.  Is there any way we could speed this up? The kids really want to go skating."

"Forgive me Jesus, but poor planning on your part...."

"Does not constitute an emergency on my part, yes sir, I've heard that one."

"Jesus, I'm not a miracle worker."

"Thank you sir.  I've changed my mind.  I think we'll just watch a movie on skating.  Happy Easter, sir."


No comments:

Post a Comment